The Applied Software Engineering Research Group is part of the Laboratory of Software Engineering, from the Department of Computer Science, at the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
Our mission includes:
- Developing use-inspired research in software engineering, with focus on techniques and methods for building and evolving complex software systems.
- Preparing students to leading positions in academia and in software-intensive industries.
Our research interests include:
- Software architecture and modularity
- Software maintenance, evolution, and reengineering
- Software quality analysis
We disseminate our research by publishing papers in conferences and journals of top quality and by implementing open source prototypes. We usually validate our solutions through empirical studies using credible datasets.